2 lb (1kg) fresh okra (tender)
4 medium-sized onions
2 whole garlic bulbs
1 tablespoon salt
3 lb (1 1/2 kg) ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced
1 cup olive oil
3/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon ground, dried coriander
1. Cut off the stems of the okra then wash and drain.
2. Sauté the okra, a few at a time, in oil until almost golden, then drain.
3. Peel the onions and slice finely, then fry them with one whole peeled garlic bulb in the same oil that okra was fried in.
4. When the onions and garlic are lightly browned, add the okra, diced tomatoes, salt and lemon juice.
5. Crush the remaining garlic cloves with the dried coriander, and then add with the green coriander to the above ingredients.
6. Pour half a cup of water over the okra and allow boiling over slow heat for half an hour without stirring.
7.Garnish with slices of green pepper then serve cold.