Bulls-eye Egg Roast – Recipe Book
Egg roast is a native dish in Kerala. Here is a lovely twist for the normal egg roast; instead of adding boiled eggs; add cracked eggs directly in to the onion tomato masala and cooks it until nicely cooked and covered. It is one of simplest roast preparation and at the same time a delicious side dish.Serve it as a side dish for your breakfast or dinner or simply with rice for lunch.
- Eggs-4 nos
- Onion-2 large
- Tomato-2 large
- Ginger garlic crushed-1 tbsp
- Green chilly -2 nos
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Chilly powder-1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Coconut oil-2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder- 1/ tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Coriander leaves thinly chopped-1 tbsp
- Heat coconut oil, in a pan; splutter cumin seeds.
- Add thinly chopped onions ans sauté until, golden brown in color.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic and slit green chillies.
- Add chopped tomatoes and sauté until mashed well.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder and garam masala powder one by one after mixing well in each addition.
- Add coriander leaves, salt and one cup of hot water to it.
- When it boils for a minute; break the eggs one by one slowly in to the four sides (without touching each one) of the pan.
- After adding eggs don’t stir the pan, sprinkle little pepper powder and salt on top of each eggs.
- Allow to cook (partially cover the pan with a lid) for about 10 minutes until the eggs get cooked and gets a nice bulls eye texture; also the gravy gets thickened.
- Switch off the flame and serve it hot with the side of rice or roti!!!
Bulls-eye Egg Roast
Reviewed by Unknown