Chocolate pudding cake is a scrumptious dessert with the goodness of spongy soft cake with a wonderful creamy chocolate pudding poked on its top. Do try; please your lovely crowd and surely it will be your new favorite dessert.
- All purpose flour / maida- 3/4 cup
- Powdered Sugar- 3/4 cup ((or little less)
- Egg-2 nos
- Pure ghee / butter-1 cup
- Salt-a pinch
- Baking powder-1tsp
- Milk-2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract- 1/2 tsp
- All ingredients for the cake must be in room temperature.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree for about 10-15 minutes. Grease the baking tray with little ghee and sprinkle some flour over it.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together for two time.Keep aside.
- In a large beat ghee and powdered sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add egg one by one and beat well.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add flour and milk alternatively by three additions with a spatula by folding in one direction.
- Pour the batter quickly in to the greased baking tray.
- Bake it in the pre-heated oven for about 30-35 minutes or until a skewer is inserted n the centre of the cake and check whether it comes out clean.
- Allow to cools down the cake completely before topping.
Ingredients For The Chocolate Pudding:
- Milk-1 1/4 cup
- Chocolate chips- 1/2 cup
- Cocoa powder-1 tbsp
- Butter-2 tbsp
- Corn flour- 2 tbsp
- Chopped nuts- to garnish
- Boil milk by adding chocolate chips, butter and cocoa powder in low flame by stirring continuously.
- Stir well until all the chocolate chips gets melted completely.
- Dilute Corn flour with little milk (paste form) and add it in to the pan.
- Stir well continuously without forming any lumps and switch off the flame when the pudding starts thickens.
- Allow to cools down for few minutes.
- Now take the cake and poke (make small holes) on the top of the cake with a spoon (for the pudding to immerse) in one or two inches apart.
- Now pour little pudding mixture at the bottom of the cake as a bed.
- Pour the remaining pudding all over the cake evenly.
- Garnish on top with chopped nuts.
- Refrigerate the cake for an hour to set.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy the lovely slice!!!