Kadai Chicken – Recipe Book
Kadai chicken, also known as chicken karahi is a north Indian simple chicken recipe.Only a utensil (i.e a kadai) is needed to cook this recipe and hence the name kadai.It is simple easy to make. Here is the recipe:
- Chicken-300gm (cut in to small pieces)
- Onion-1 large (chopped very thinly)
- Tomato puree-of 1 large tomato
- Ginger, garlic, green chilly paste-1 ½tbsp.
- Capsicum-1small (cut in to cubes)
- Turmeric powder- ½tsp.
- Kashmiri chilly powder-1tsp.
- Cumin seeds powder- 1tsp.
- Pepper powder-2tsp.
- Coriander powder-1tsp.
- Fresh cream- 2tbsp.
- Salt-to taste
- Coriander leaves-few
- Heat oil in a kadai sauté onion till transparent.
- Add ginger, garlic and chilly paste, sauté till raw smell goes off.
- Add all the powders one by one in to it at low flame.
- Add chicken, cover the lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato puree in to it and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Add water if needed more gravy.
- Add capsicum and fresh cream just before 5 minutes of switch off.
- Sprinkle it with coriander leaves and ready to serve.
Reviewed by Unknown