Kalakand is a delicious melt in mouth Indian sweet made from milk and sugar. Here is an instant and easy version of kalakand using milk powder. Check out the video to ease your cooking.
- Milk powder-2 cup
- Sugar-1 cup
- Lemon juice-2 tbsp
- Water-1 cup
- Mix 2 cups of milk powder with 1/2 cup warm water and mix well with out any lumps.
- Add remaining half cup of water; mix well and boil it by mixing well (mix continuously on medium flame to prevent burning).
- When it boils add 2 tbsps of lemon juice and keep stirring.
- Then it starts curdling; cook until it thickens well.
- When it thickens well add 1 cup of sugar.
- Cook again until thick and leaves from the pan easily (The color also slightly changes to golden).
- Add this in to a greased pan and level the top.
- Allow to cools down completely in room temperature (about 4 hours) to set.
- Cut in to slices and garnish with pistachio slices.