Ottada is a Kerala Breakfast choice. It can made in many ways. Using all purpose flour, rice flour or with raw rice. All that we need is a perfect clay pot.
- Raw rice-2 cups
- Grated coconut-1/2 cup (you can reduce or increase it as per your taste preference)
- Salt-to taste
- Hot water (boiling water)- about 1/2 cup
- Wash and soak the raw rice in water for overnight.
- Drain it and add in to a blender along with grated coconut.
- Add just enough water to make a thick smooth batter.
- Blend smooth.
- Pour in to a large bowl
- Now add boiled hot water to it to make a thin batter (dosa batter consistency). Mix continuously while adding hot water ; else it forms lumps.
- Add enough salt and mix well.
- Pour a ladle of batter in to hot clay pot and allow to comes the bubbles; after that cover the lid and cook for a minute.
- Serve with sweetened coconut milk and enjoy…
Note: You can add cooked rice along with grated coconut.