Ras Malai – Recipe Book
Ras Malai is a popular Indian dessert rich in milk. The spongy balls floating on the creamy milk looks really yummy and mouth watering. The milk dumplings can also make by another way of curdling process.
- Milk powder-1cup
- Baking powder- ½ tsp.
- Condensed milk-1tin (or sugar)
- Saffron strands- 1 pinch (optional)
- Nuts chopped- to garnish (cashew, almond and pistachio)
- Pomegranate-to garnish
Boil the milk in a medium heat.
- Thicken in to its half volume by stirring occasionally.
- Add condensed milk, put in simmer mode and keep stirring.
- In bowl mix milk powder, baking powder and egg.
- Knead well and make smooth dough (little bit sticky).
- Make small balls with it (it will double the size after cooking, so make that much small balls).
- Pour them in to the simmering milk.
- Add chopped nuts and cardamom pods.
- Switch off the flame when the balls become large and started floating on the surface.
- Garnish it with remaining nuts and pomegranate.
- Serve chilled.
Reviewed by 12recipebook