Usually we make cutlets with meat or vegetable. Here is a sweet cutlet recipe using Ripe banana. It tastes delicious and simple easy to prepare. As the banana is itself sweet; no need to add extra sugar; but for sweet tooth’s, add little sugar to enhance the taste.
- Banana (Kerala large banana)- 2 nos
- Ghee-1 tbsp
- Grated Coconut- 1/2 cup
- Raisins-1 tbsp
- Cashew pieces-1 tbsp
- Sugar (or jaggery)-1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder- 1/4 tsp
- Roasted rice flour (or all purpose flour)-1 tbsp
- Milk (or beaten egg)- 1/2 cup
- Bread Crumbs- 1/2 cup
- Steam cook the ripe banana until done; Remove its skin and mash it well.
- In a pan heat ghee and add chopped cashews followed by raisins.
- Add grated coconut and sugar; saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add mashed banana and flour in to it and saute for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder and switch off the flame.
- After cools down make balls out of it and flatten it with your greased hand (with water or oil) in to desired shape (round/ ovel).
- Take the bread crumbs and milk in two separate wide bowls to dip.
- Now dip theses flatten balls in milk by one hand and coat it in the bread crumbs by other had.
- Fry it in the hot oil until both sides are nice golden in color.
- Drain in to paper towels and serve hot!!!!